Mardi Growl – Saturday, March 2, 2013 – Dog Friendly Events in Knoxville, TN
- What: 6th Annual Mardi Growl Parade and Pet Festival
- When: Saturday, March 2, 2013
- Hours: 9:00-2:00
- Where: The 6th Annual Mardi Growl Costume Parade for Dogs begins at the PetSafe Downtown Dog Park on the corner of Summit Hill Drive and Central Ave. The Parade continues through the Old City, to Gay Street, and then ends at Market Square.
- Who can Attend: Dogs and their owners. If you don’t have a dog you are welcome to come out anyway and support Knoxville’s canine community and the Young Williams Animal Center.
- Cost: $15- Early Registration (ends Feb 22nd) / $20 for late/day of event registration (goody bag for the 1st 1000 participants)
- Where can I register? CLICK HERE to register and pay online or CLICK HERE to download registration form to print and mail
About Mardi Growl 2013 in Knoxville, TN
Whether you are a dog owner or not, you won’t be able to help but smile as you watch members of the Knoxville canine community strut their stuff while supporting the local Young Williams Animal Shelter. The 2013 Mardi Growl will be the 6th Mardi Growl and according to Mayor Rogero, the annual Mardi Growl event has become a flagship celebration for pets in our community”.
Following the Mardi Growl Parade (11:00-12:00) there will be plenty of other fun festivities that will take place from 12:00-2:00 including:
- Festivities on Market Square
• Parade Prizes for Best Costume, Best Naked Dog, Dog/Owner Look Alike, Best Vol Spirit, Most Congenial
• $10 Microchips and Rabies Vaccinations
• Pet-Related Product Vendors
And while you are in Downtown Knoxville and after having worked up an appetite you can grab a bite to eat at one of the many dog friendly patio restaurants that Knoxville, TN has to offer.